Pearl Buck is a renowned Noble Prize and Pulitzer Prize winning author from Hillsboro, WV. Pearl’s Library is one of the two largest rooms at the Mendenhall 1884 and offers an ensuite, fully renovated bathroom with step-in shower plus a well contoured chaise lounge to enjoy any classic novel. Pearl’s room would not be complete without the delightful vintage Lawyers Library providing you with a wide selection of wonderful reading options.
A dreamy night’s sleep awaits you in this luxurious king size bed after a busy day of walking and sight-seeing in beautiful Berkeley Springs. Pearl’s Library offers a variety of amenities and special touches including a large walk-in closet for extended stays in town, original hardwood flooring, bed linens by Comphy Bedding, cozy robes, Turkish towels, pour-over coffee and tea brewing station coupled with locally owned “Dark Hollow Roasters” fresh roasted coffee beans, locally sourced teas and other delights and surprises to begin your day.
Claire and Greg, your Mendenhall 1884 innkeepers, are passionate about supporting the Berkeley Springs community. In lieu of a cooked breakfast, we provide fresh locally baked items, seasonal fruit, juices, yogurts, and hard-boiled local farm eggs in the dining room from 8-9:30 AM each morning. This lite fare menu allows you to enjoy some of the local flavors found in Berkeley Springs. We do not want you to feel the need to rise at a specific time or sit with others if you choose to have a quiet stay. We provide this special “tastes of Berkeley Springs” breakfast to get you started and welcome you to explore the town, at your leisure.
$175-$185 Night, King Room
Single or Double-Occupancy
Our apologies no children or pets permitted
Minimum Two-Night Stay on Weekends
- King Bed
- Newly renovated private ensuite bath with walk-in shower
- Large walk-in closet
- Comphy ™ Bedding (“like sleeping on a cloud” – shared by several guests!)
- Turkish Towels
- Cozy robes to enjoy during your stay
- Complimentary locally crafted natural soaps, lotions, shampoo and conditioner
- In-Suite coffee and tea center
- Free Wi-Fi
- Lawyers Library full of classic books to read and enjoy during your stay
- Also included in room; Mini-Fridge, Berkeley Springs Mineral Water, Whole House Central Air Conditioning
- Free off-street parking on our private brick paved lot for your convenience
Searching for the perfect gift for that special someone…
Mendenhall 1884 Bed and Breakfast Gift Certificates are now available!